Thu, Oct 24|
Saint Luke Catholic Church
Rediscover Catholicism Book Club
With remarkable insight, Matthew Kelly dispels dozens of myths that surround the rejection of Catholicism today and provides a profound and practical vision of what will lead the Catholic Church to thrive again in the future.
Time & Location
Oct 24, 2019, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Saint Luke Catholic Church, 49 Turkey Hill Road North, Westport, CT, USA
About the event
We are delighted that you are going to join us for this inspiring book study.
For the next meeting, please read chapter 4 "Searching for Identity," chapter 5 "What Are We Celebrating?," and chapter 6 "What Is the Authentic Life?" (pages 39-72).
Questions for Reflection:
- In what way does embracing Catholicism as a way of life make me a better-version-of-myself? In what way does it make me a better person, different and special?
- The author says on page 42, “Your journey with God will require more discipline than any other quest you will pursue in this life." What are the disciplines and practices I need to embrace my journey with God?
- On page 52, the author provides an answer as to why Catholics do not attend Mass: "We are failing to feed them and engage them." How do I engage other Catholics? What do we need to do to "feed and engage" people with the faith?
- How can modern men and women, in the midst of their busy lives, find intimacy with God?
- According to Matthew Kelly, what does it mean to live a holy life? How do I live it in my everyday life? Who has inspired your faith recently and how?